PDA

View Full Version : My BB reboots instantly when plugged into PC

papa2ae
05-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Hello guys,

Im new to the forums and im kind of a novice user when it gets to these gadgets :/

Anyhow - as soon as i plug in my curve 8900 into my PC using USB it just shut down then the red light stays on and basically goes into hard reboot.

im sure its not a problem with the cable as my other curve (exactly the same) works like a charm ...

Any help is greatly appreciated,

regards,
papa2ae
:bb:

br0nx finest
05-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Might be a hardware issue, my Storm reboots 4-5 times a day just when it receives a new message. And mind you, this is with 40+ MB of App memory, and nothing other than the main 5 items running.

The newer BBs aren't build like the older :(

papa2ae
05-28-2009, 09:05 AM
:( i feel sorry for you man :(

papa2ae
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Ok, i just plugged it into the car charger and poof it went reboot .... Im sure this is not normal ...

papa2ae
05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
If it is connected via usb, can i still download the latest OS version and load it on

dhroovc
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok, i just plugged it into the car charger and poof it went reboot .... Im sure this is not normal ...

I have seen this problem before. Its usually due to the soldering getting screwed on the USB port. Its usually caused by yanking out the USB cable with force..if you do that alot that might have done this...

I could be wrong..see if you can plug it in and set it somewhere on the table where it will not move and try loading a new OS.

Hopefully its not the USB port on the device..