PDA

View Full Version : no email.....sometimes

johninjax
05-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I am running ver.4.5.52 that I downloaded from this site(Tim,Italy) and am happy with the results overall because it allows me to use Doc's to Go. However about once a week I won't receive email, if I remove my email address,reinstall the address ,send the service books and reset the phone I will be able to get my mail again. It's a real PITA because I don' know I'm not getting my mail until someone asks if I've gotten a certain email. Can anyone help?

aiharkness
05-28-2009, 05:23 PM
What's the email account? Is it the carrier-provided address, or a webmail address of yours?

Are you sure you have to delete and re-add the addresses to BIS and all that? Have you tried a simple battery removal?

johninjax
05-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I use tmo.blackberry as my primary as well as att.net. I have removed the battery as a reset of the device.

aiharkness
05-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

But is the delay just on one of the BIS email addresses, or on all?

If you have to go to all the trouble of deleting the email accounts from BIS and re-adding in order to fix it, then I think the problem is not you, nor the device.

Have you called the carrier customer support? That would be my next step.

johninjax
05-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I only delete the tmo account but I can't receive the att account until I go through all the machinations. I won't get any support because I'm running an unsupported OS.