PDA

View Full Version : I Dropped My Bold in a Puddle

mgsoo
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I dropped my Bold in a puddle of water yesterday. I picked it up within seconds, then wiped it dry and ran it under a hand blower in a public washroom. Nothing wrong with the display and no data loss, but it is still acting weird. The speaker is not very loud, and I can't seem to scroll between open applications by pressing Alt and Tab.

The biggest issue is that the "i" button doesn't respond when pressed, but I get spontaneous repeated i's (example: "iiiiiiiii") even when I am not doing anything. Every few seconds, it tries to "Assign a Speed Dial to the I key". Any suggestions?

NJBlackBerry
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM
A bit late for this....

Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Got_Your_BlackBerry_Wet%3F)

akosnitzky
05-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Based on what the OP said, the link offered by NJ Blackberry may be too late.

NJBlackBerry
05-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Which part of "A bit late for this...." did we miss?

Wiseass
05-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c)

Not sure what's in that link as I'm posting from bb, but you could try putting the bb in a bag of rice. With some electronics the rice will draw out the moisture. Otherwise I would even let it air-dry for at least a day or two without powering it up. Like I said that may be already covered in the link, and it may not be too late, I've managed to rescue several mp3 players this way. Also if you can make a backup as soon as possible.

mgsoo
05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the tips. I actually just blew some compressed air into it, and shook it up a bit. The Alt-Tab and "iiiii" problems have cleared up completely. The only remaining problem is that the speaker is still not up to full volume, though it is better than it was this morning. Aside from that, it is back to normal. I will let it dry out some more.