PDA

View Full Version : Gmail push woes

trick202
05-31-2009, 03:33 AM
Hi all

Just got an 8900 here on the O2 network in the UK

All is well, except for one niggle:

1: I have set up one of my Gmail addresses, but while it's showing the mailbox, it's not receiving mail. My Yahoo account is working fine and the icon has changed to a Ymail icon. Gmail is still as standard.
The gmail app (downloaded from google) picks up mail fine, but the BB push service seems not to work. Is BB push not working because I have the google mail app installed?

I have checked the settings on the gmail account, and both IMAP and POP checkboxes are checked.

What are everyone elses settings?
Should my icon have changed yet?

lovescakemix
05-31-2009, 03:41 AM
do you mean the folder icon. for gmail it doesnt change from the standard circle globe thing icon.
i have the gmail installed and i recieve mail through the blackberry service just fine. i only use the gmail app when i want to mark something as spam.

trick202
05-31-2009, 04:02 AM
I'd rather us the push to manage my gmail - it doesn't seem to want to know.......

Speedie
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I have the Gmail app. and BB push enabled for the same Gmail account, both seem to work ok. My icon didn't change. Did the setup of the Gmail account at the BIS site go ok? Did you receive the setup complete notification?

cmes
06-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Mine stop working on June 1st.

hbueain
06-07-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm with at&t and I just entered my user name and password I get emails from gmail, yahoo, hotmail, exchange instantly.

vegasphotog
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
sorry just got my 8900...I cannot figure out how to put the Gmail and google maps icon on my screen versus having to dig through the DOWNLOAD folder. Thanks in advance.

trlightning
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
While in the Downloads folder, and while on the gmail or Google Maps icon click the Blackberry button and select Move To Folder, then select Home. That will move the icons to your home folder.