PDA

View Full Version : Important Calls?

Quake97
11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
I've been playing with the settings for my profiles and am curious to what the following setting is...

Use Active Profile Except for:
Important Phone Calls

which is checked. Any idea what this is? I suspect somehow I can designate what "important calls" are.

Joe

mas90guru
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I think it's a pre-defined template. I know that you can go in there and add new names from your contact list. When those people call they can be subject to a different profile than what you are using (for example ringing the phone when everyone else would be silent).

You can also change the ringer for contacts by going to the contact, selecting "edit" and then "Add Custom Phone Tune"

Quake97
11-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Ah! It's considered an exception. Makes sense now. I never dug down deep enough to figure it out. Thanks for the help.

Joe

Martelile
11-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Is this available on the 7100v?

JaxDreamFunding
11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
I know that on the 7100i you can add more of the EXCEPTIONS to your list -- and you can rename or delete the IMPORTANT CALLS EXCEPTION.

For example, I have set 6 exception lists (Each list can have more than one name). Each exception list has its own distictive ring and will RING regardless of what profile I have selected on my phone.

They are pretty easy to set up.

You can get me on BBM if you have any other questions about it.