PDA

View Full Version : A Bettery Way To Browse Other Than Via Trackball?

SmoothOperator
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, guys. I just bought a Bold from eBay, but it didn't come with a user guide, so this may be a dumb question. I usually use my Nokia N95 8GB and the browser is great; I love the mini-window option (number 8 on keypad) so I can scroll down better. My Bold loads pages just fine, but I find that to scroll up and down a web page I'm stuck with the trackball. It seems unnecessary to scroll up and down via trackball, which can be very slow at times. Is there a faster way to scroll through a webpage? Is there a Page Up/Down key on the pad, or an equivalent to N95's "8" key option?

Trimix
05-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Press T to go to the top of the page.
Press B to go to the bottom of the page.
Press Spacebar to move down a page.
Press Shift+Spacebar to move up a page.

daphne
05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
The space bar will scroll down and left shift key + space key will scroll up.

Take a look through our BlackBerryFAQ and you will find a lot of good tips.

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_FAQ)

Also Stinsonddog's site is full of helpful info.
Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips and Tricks ‎(Blackberry Tips & Tricks from the Mods)‎ (http://www.stinsonddog.com/)

You can also download or read the userguide on RIM's site and the Help on the device is good.

SmoothOperator
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the basic info, guys. However, this applies to the one-column, mobile internet web pages. What if we visit a web page that does not have a mobile version and we need to move left and right, too?

Trimix
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Not sure about BB browser (since it seems like a pain to scroll around on desktop view), but if you use Opera Mini the 2,4,6,8 keys act like a 4-way directional pad when you are in non-mobile view.

daphne
05-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the basic info, guys. However, this applies to the one-column, mobile internet web pages. What if we visit a web page that does not have a mobile version and we need to move left and right, too?

I don't have to do that for regular web pages. Are you using page view or column view?

Trimix
06-01-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't have to do that for regular web pages. Are you using page view or column view?

Might be using desktop view.

daphne
06-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Hmm... I don't know about desktop view. I don't see that in my browser menu or options.

Trimix
06-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (Tmo's cheapest BB customer)

Sorry I think the page view may be equivalent to my desktop view, and the column is my mobile view. (I'm running an older OS).