PDA

View Full Version : BB messenger hacked ???

lucas_pln
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone,

One of my friends told me that someone joined her BB messenger conversation.
She didn't know the person who joined the conversation, also she didn't invite anyone to her current conversation (nor the other person).

That intruder was listening to her conversation on the messenger and then was able to initiate conversations with her contacts.

She didn't have password set for adding contacts, my question is; is there any knows hack that allows doing this? I've searched lil. bit but haven't found anything on google or here on the forums.

Please, share your thoughts.

RIM: 8700
v 4.2.1.107
platform: 2.3.0.84
BB messenger 4.2.1

Thanks,

Luke

skyman84
06-01-2009, 10:19 AM
it's not something that I've ever heard of, and I'd be highly dubious of it actually happening this way. I think that one of the people in the conversation must have invited this other person.

lucas_pln
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
This is what I told her, but she said it happened.

She got scared so much that she erased all her messenger contacts, we have set up the pass. now for adding contacts and that is pretty much it.

I still believe her though. I asked her if maybe she left her phone unattended and someone accessed it and is playing tricks on her now, but she doesn't think this is the case.

Weird story ...

Thanks,
Luke

kirrinjones
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Can't happen. First the Contact has to request permission to be added to your messenger, and you have to explicitly give that acceptance, and then you have to invite someone to be in a "conference" IM session.

dc/dc
06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
No, it can't happen.

BlackBerry devices don't get hacked remotely.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/189861-faq-blackberry-devices-affected-viruses-trojans-other-malware.html