PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7100i SOLD OUT!

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
whats going on with the Nextel BB 7100i. ive called EVERY Nextel store in Miami and not one has the BB 7100i in stock! i finally decided to place my order online through the Nextel.com site. hopefully it comes quick! (y)

europamo
11-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Pretty much all the stores dont carry it. There was a shortfall I guess, but orders placed throught the web or Telesales go through. I suspect sometime in the 1st Q of 2006 they will end up in the stores.

Piston
11-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I have never seen it at a store, but i have seen it all over the place online. It probably come quick, a week at most.

europamo
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I have never seen it at a store, but i have seen it all over the place online. It probably come quick, a week at most.

Online you get 2 options for delivery, 2$ diffrence , I think 10$ get you a 2 day delivery as long as it is placed before 2pm(i think)

mas90guru
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I had the same thing with the 7520. It has always been much faster to order online. The stores seem to handle the throwaway (free) phones and not much more.

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
well i ordered online with the $2 extra overnight shipping. lets see what happens. i guess after i have to call and organize my plan and add the Blackberry $40 plan.

europamo
11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Make sure you have another phone or landline to add turn your BB on, otherwise they can do it, but you will get cut off and have to to the Master radio Reset on your own. easy

btw, do you live in Miami? I used to live in Pompano Beach myself, but could not take the heat, so I moved back north.

martin_j001
11-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Most stores don't stock many bb's--its always a toss up as to whether or not they'll sell after they are first released, and as others have stated there's not always a huge surplus of bb's out there to be had anyways. My local NRS sold out of the 7100i in about 3 hours the day it was released--all were on hold by the time the store opened its doors basically.... Not sure whether they got any more or if they were even able to order more... You can always do an "upgrade later" in store, where the store orders the phone for you too--I believe that gets the phone in next day if you do it early enough. I've always had good service with telesales to though--every time I've used it I got the phone the next day, but I am always sure to place my order at around 10am.

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 08:02 PM
what do i do to get my contacts back in? put them in one by one or head to Nextel and have them uploaded? im sure they'll try and charge me for the service huh

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Make sure you have another phone or landline to add turn your BB on, otherwise they can do it, but you will get cut off and have to to the Master radio Reset on your own. easy

btw, do you live in Miami? I used to live in Pompano Beach myself, but could not take the heat, so I moved back north.

i dont think i know what you mean? i ordered my phone already activated. figured it would save me a hassle.

europamo
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
i dont think i know what you mean? i ordered my phone already activated. figured it would save me a hassle.

Best of Luck on that one. If you are moving a current number to the device and its still on after its shipped, then you will have to get it turned on. Reason i say this, if you don't have a current BB plan on your account with a BB active, then they will not add it until the device is activated.

Come to think of it, the last 4 phones have not been activated when I asked to be shipped that way.

It takes a whole 10 min to take care of it though.

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
no problem. my current number is on an i860 i guess before i even start the 7100i i should turn off my i860 and call Nextel and have them deal with it right?

amnjc
11-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I went to an Authorized Service Center (or an indirect?) not an NRS and had one in two days. I called Nextel directly and they were out of stock, I called an NRS and they were out of stock and had no idea when they were getting any more. On a whim I called the NRS that did the last BB swap of my 7520 and he looked up 1600 of them in VAD or wherever and said he could have one in a couple of days. That was last Friday and I picked it up yesterday.

So I guess call a service center instead of an NRS and see what they can do for you.

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 08:59 PM
well i ordered it already so all i can do is cross my fingers now

martin_j001
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
what do i do to get my contacts back in? put them in one by one or head to Nextel and have them uploaded? im sure they'll try and charge me for the service huh

See the blackberry FAQ that I wrote up, it tells you the different ways to get your contacts from a phone into a blackberry....
http://www.meogee.com/showthread.php?t=4002

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 09:21 PM
thanks for the link man, you all have been real helpful and easy to chat with unlike other boards!

europamo
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
its a good FAQ :smile:

Don't worry when you get it, you will be up and running fast. Meanwhile you can do some searching of threads here for probable questions you might have.

Good Luck

MiamiE
11-15-2005, 10:01 PM
definately will search for the ringtone questions although i usually find myself buying them because i can never figure out that WebJal garbage.

MiamiE
11-16-2005, 05:26 PM
i must say for being on backorder, they're awfully quick!
Status: The order has been shipped and activated. Please reference the Shipping Tracking Number for details.

my i860 was disconnected this morning around 830am. i noticed i couldnt make any calls out and instead of Nextel on the homepage it said Ready along with the date and time right under it. should be here tommorow with the overnight service. i highly recommend purchasing your 7100i online. almost NO stores have them

MiamiE
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
does anyone know if the Blackberry 5MB Email package for $39.99 comes with unlimited web? i know the $49.99 has unlimited email and web, i was just wondering if in terms of web access theyre both the same plan. i dont think ill ever use 5MB of email.

*edit* $44.99 for unlimited email and web access.

SloBurn
11-16-2005, 11:04 PM
My understanding from the web site is that the web access is unlimited, just a cap on the email. You are totally right about ordering online. I called the Nextel stores in my area for 3 weeks with no luck. I finally ordered one online on Friday and had it Tuesday morning. I love it so far.

Dawg
11-17-2005, 08:31 AM
5mb is 5mb email or web its a combined deal and trust me you will go over it more than you think especially if you surf or use any of the im programs. I bought the 3mb plan to start and was over my limit in two days and paying .90 a kb after that talk about high dollar the unlimited plan is worth its weight in gold

MiamiE
11-17-2005, 08:41 AM
yea i went with the unlimited for that reason. i surf the web a lot and its a conveniance to check emails while im away from home.