PDA

View Full Version : Mass Upload of Contacts?

KeithO
06-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a 8800, on BES, and my company uses Lotus Notes as our email client.

I have a spreadsheet with a couple of hundred contacts in it, with various fields including name, home phone, mobile phone, etc. Some of these contact names already exist in my BB address book, others do not.

I want to find a quick and easy way to upload (and maintain in the future) these contact details, without having to manually enter every one via the BB keyboard. Is there some easy app available to edit entries within the BB address book? When I had a Motorola phone there was the Motorola Tools suite which allowed you to do stuff like this. Even if I had to do it manually it wouldn't be too bad if I could do it via the PC and a decent keyboard with cut/paste etc.

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

JSanders
06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Using Desktop Manager you can import an xls file or convert the xls file to an ASCII file and import to your device.

KeithO
06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Using Desktop Manager you can import an xls file or convert the xls file to an ASCII file and import to your device.
Thanks for the quick response. Where is the option to import a file to the BB? I am running Desktop Manager 4.3.0.15 (which I cannot update due to company policies) and I cannot find such an option.

Dubdub
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Can you dump the file to Outlook and then sync from there? Lotus Agenda is another option. Also Google contact sync.

KeithO
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Can you dump the file to Outlook and then sync from there? Lotus Agenda is another option. Also Google contact sync.
I don't use Outlook at all, not at work or home, so that seems like very convoluted way of doing it.

I am amazed that Blackberry don't supply an app for the PC/Mac that just lets you edit contact details on the device address book when the BB is connected. Even basic mobile phones have that.