PDA

View Full Version : Copying contacts/phone book to Parrot

coatsgt
11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Has anyone got any information on how to copy the phonebook from the 7100g to the Parrot wireless car kit? The kit works great, but in order to fully utilize it, I need to get my contacts to the parrot, but can't figure out exactly how to do it.

Danc
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Greater minds may disagree but my understanding is that this can't be done.

coatsgt
11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I hope you are wrong, but I am afraid you are right. I have heard you have to transfer contacts to a notebook with infrared and then transfer them to the Parrot. It would have to be updated in that manner....which would be a pain.

njwashor
11-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Man, this was a pain in the butt...

You need to synch your handheld to your desktop... get all your contacts into INDIVIDUAL vcf files (business cards). Then you need to pair yopur computer with your parrot via bluetooth. Then you need to zip over every individual vcf file to the parrot from your computer. Makes updating a real pain in the @<hidden>$$.

Nate

912E
01-17-2006, 04:24 PM
how many will the parrot hold this way?

njwashor
01-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm not really sure there... i'd assume the same amount it normally could but I could be wrong. Try it and see :)

Nate

912E
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
could you pair your handheld(dell Axim) with the parrot and send them that way?

njwashor
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I believe there is a setting in the parrot to use only a universal address book (If I recall correctly, this is what I did with my laptop). If this is turned on, then all contacts "should" be available on any phone you pair, and any contacts uploaded from any (possibly multiple) devices should appear in this universal address book. So I believe pairing your Axim to the Parrot and uploading your contacts that way should make them available for use by your 7100 phone, but I can't say for certain as I don't have a handheld in addition to my BBerry.