PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts on my Bold?

cadmanmeg
06-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Can some of you post some good sites that have free podcasts on various subject like photography or other things of interest that one can easily download and watch on their Bold? I am also curious as to the best software for this type of thing? I thought Viigo was a podcast reader or whatever, but it is for RSS stuff. Please excuse me if I have the technologies mixed as I have only glimpsed a bit at podcasts but they sparked my interest, especially when I can find tutorial type stuff. Thanks much for any help you can give.

diffused
06-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Podtrapper is the podcast app you want. There is no other like it. Lots of options too. There is a free 30 day trial available. There is a browse section within it too so you can search and choose from 100s of podcasts. Hope this helps.

mgerbasio
06-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Another vote for podtrapper. I like it better than using the ipod for podcasts.

I have problems with video podcasts, sometimes it won't play at all and most of the time the voice and video is out of sync. I tried playing the files with the Bold's native browser and have the same problem so it seems to be the hardware. It isn't that important to me.

Regards-Michael G.

diffused
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Have you tryed going to the Podtrapper website? It's Versatilemonkey.com. He can answer your questions but I think that one is covered in their forums.

mgerbasio
06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, I asked the question on the forum but no solution. As I said, not a big deal for me.

VersatileMonkey.com Forums • View topic - Video Podcast Voice Out of Sync (http://www.versatilemonkey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=398)

Regards-Michael G.

akosnitzky
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Viigo Alpha

cadmanmeg
06-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Am looking for something free. Seems there would or should be something for Blackberrys. Although my quick searches really didn't give me a whole lot and I thought that maybe the combined experienced from the users here could give me some info.

I have installed and tried Viigo, but don't really care for it and do not think it is very user friendly. Although if that is my only option, I just might have to mess with it further.

mgerbasio
06-07-2009, 11:15 AM
You should probably try posting in the Aftermarket Software section. Viigo is the only free podcast application I've heard about (does it stream or download, not sure), and only two paid apps when I was looking so there isn't a big selection.

Might try some of the radio applications or just downloading to your PC and syncing the mp3 files with your BB storage/sd memory. If you're a frequent podcast user, dropping a sawbuck on podtrapper is probably the best way to go. In frequent, I'd probably try syncing the files as I listen to mine on the subway.

Regards-Michael G.

rawm
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Podtrapper is an outstanding program for everyone interested in downloading and listening Podcasts. Mobiola XPlayer is also on a good way with it's podcast cabability, but setting up your own podcasts (not download from their suggestions) doesn't work for me and I didn't get any solution from their support so far. XPlayer offers live radio streaming too.
However for podcasts only, Podtrapper is by far the best! Besides the price is more reasonable compared to XPlayer.

rweckhoff
07-03-2009, 10:01 PM
If you're looking for free - use iTunes and MediaSync to copy them over.

The beauty of podtrapper is that you can fetch your podcasts over the air using WiFi or cellular carrier.