PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Email on my Curve HELP! I want to turn it off

dentdoc
06-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I have the Curve and have my email being sent to it. I want to stop receiving the email messages on my blackberry and can't figure out how to do this. I thought I did in the Options on the phone, but no, I still get the email messages. Can someone help with this?

akosnitzky
06-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Are you on BIS or BES?

dentdoc
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
don't know what that is

jbairdjr
06-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Why did you get a blackberry if you didnt want email coming to it???

dentdoc
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I got a blackberry because I needed a new phone. I want my email to stop being forwarded to the phone now. Too much spam and I am tired of the phone beeping every 5 min.

jbairdjr
06-06-2009, 12:14 PM
you can delete the service books and you wont get any more mail.

dentdoc
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
and how do I do this? i followed the instructions using the Help function on the phone and that didn't work.

dankarlinski
06-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Options>advanced>service books. Delete all the ones with the email address

Dubdub
06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Just go in and delete all the accounts. Email will stop then. Or cancel your data plan and get a generic one, but you will need an alternate browser if you do that.

Motorcycle Mama
06-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't think you can cancel the data plan on Sprint.

To the OP, if those things don't work, go to the Email Setup icon on the device and log in. If you don't have the information needed to log in, call Sprint Customer Support and have them reset it for you.

Then click on Email Accounts and for EACH email address click on Delete. Confirm that you want to delete that account. Repeat as needed.

Alternately, if you just don't want the phone to alert you when you get email on the device, go to the Profiles icon, scroll Advanced ..., then scroll to the Active Profile, press Menu and select Edit. Then scroll to each email account and change the alert settings to NONE for both In Holster and Out of Holster.

Alternately, if you are just looking to filter SPAM, you can log in to your carrier's BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service (http://www.sprint.blackberry.com/)) from a computer and create FILTERS to filter out some of the messages.

david9962000
06-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Or go to options>mobile network>data off.

dankarlinski
06-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Or go to options>mobile network>data off.

this is another option. but then he loses his internet too.

and sprint will not let you remove the dataplan. just as verizon gives you a hard enough time about the same.

you can log onto your BIS account from the site and just remove the accounts.

fudgie
06-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I am having a problem opening attachments like word or excel on my blackberry 8300.I have the email attchement installed.Can anyone assist

fudgie
06-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I am having a problem opening attachments like word or excel on my blackberry 8300.I have the email attchement installed.Can anyone assist

Motorcycle Mama
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
fudgie, it's poor forum etiquette to hijack someone else's thread by posting an unrelated question.

You should post your question in a separate thread.