PDA

View Full Version : email does not delete on handheld

dknopper
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I have a Blackberry 7100 running on the Internet Service model with Outlook 2003.

Everything works fine... sends, receives, and synchs properly.

The only problem is that email that is deleted on the desktop does not
delete on the handheld, but it does delete the other way around. I have it set to Delete on Mailbox & Handheld, and Handheld Wins on Conflicts. I have downloaded the 4.0.1.1 versions of the software for Desktop Manager and handheld.

I can't seem to get any answers from Blackberry, so help would be
appreciated.
thanks,
Doug

ssperl
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Do a search for reconcile. It doesn't really answer your question but it may be a start and help you out a little.

taravangenderen
11-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't know if you found an answer to your question yet doing that search, but if you want the message to be deleted on your handheld when you delete them from your Outlook inbox...in email reconciliation, on conflicts, you have to have mailbox wins. Hope this helps!

Ctown
11-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Delete reconcile can take up to 20 min. Usually not, but try deleting a test on the desktop and wait a while to see if it deletes on the handheld

dknopper
11-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Nope, nothing seems to work. I've tried changing all of the settings, but the bottom line is that emails deleted on the handheld will delete on the desktop, but not vice versa. So I've got a handheld that is filled with emails that I've deleted on the desktop. Has anybody run into this problem or have any ideas? Would someone at Blackberry know? I'm thinking about dumping my blackberry :(

racerpgt
12-14-2005, 09:51 AM
After a deletion from your mailbox, have you tried clicking you BB thumbwheel, scrolling down, and choosing reconcile now. We had a bunch of users with this issue and it seems to be the only workaround.

(y) Nope, nothing seems to work. I've tried changing all of the settings, but the bottom line is that emails deleted on the handheld will delete on the desktop, but not vice versa. So I've got a handheld that is filled with emails that I've deleted on the desktop. Has anybody run into this problem or have any ideas? Would someone at Blackberry know? I'm thinking about dumping my blackberry :(

r_macfarland
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I have come across this a few times. The only way I could get the emails to delete was to plug in your bb, go into your desktop manager - backup and restore -advanced.

On the right hand side look for messages - select it and click clear.

THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR EMAIL but at least they will be gone. You could try backing up your bb first and then once you deleted all of you messages try a restore.

BBUser7100t
12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
You could try backing up your bb first and then once you deleted all of you messages try a restore.[/QUOTE]

I second that suggestion as a last resort. I have had this happen on my 7100t a couple of times for no reason at all. I performed a backup of all the handheld data, and then did a full restore. For some reason that deleted the previously undeletable (is that a word) messages from my handheld.

It seemed to work for me at least. I hope you are able to resolve the situation as it can be a pain.

Good luck