PDA

View Full Version : Help, Calender Sync problem

BBG
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I just got a Blackberry Curve 8330 and installed the desktop software. I tried syncing with outlook and it worked fine. But, now everytime I add an appointment to my blackberry calender I get an email on my computer that says:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

So, I think I downloaded either the enterprise or redrecter versions of the software so I was told to uninstall the program and reinstall it used the Blackberry internet version. I did that but I'm still getting those emails when I add or change my Blackberry calender and my Outlook calender in not syncing with my Blackberry. Please help... Thanks

MidnightDraven
06-07-2009, 07:50 PM
you need to have selected
personal email account
in setup for desktop manager.

BBG
06-07-2009, 07:55 PM
you need to have selected
personal email account
in setup for desktop manager.

I think thats what I did. After I uninstalled and re-installed the program I did not choose the enterprise or re-director versions. I installed the blackberry internet version. Is that what you mean??

djm2
06-07-2009, 10:13 PM
As a guess, log on to the Sprint BIS web site and resend your service books.

MidnightDraven
06-08-2009, 05:30 AM
There is ONE version of desktop manager.
In the setup it asks if you want to associate with a personal account or an enterprise/work account.
Choosing personal account is what you need.
Choosing enterprise/work account is what is setting up and sending you those emails.

Digital Jedi
06-08-2009, 05:55 AM
There is ONE version of desktop manager.
In the setup it asks if you want to associate with a personal account or an enterprise/work account.
Choosing personal account is what you need.
Choosing enterprise/work account is what is setting up and sending you those emails.

basically your PC thinks you have a corporate server,
if you go through the uninstall process it will give you the opertunity to edit it, at that point select BIS your PC will then request a disk pop it in.
this should stop the messages. ive sometime seen it continue something in the phone does it (havent found what) but i back it up and do an advanced restore just installing information... stay away from service books or anything that you read that you dont understand. memos tasks contacts blah blah , are all good to reinstall..