PDA

View Full Version : blackberry 7290 problem

dusty78
11-16-2005, 11:48 PM
I have a BB 7290 for cingular that i purchased on ebay. i hope some of you blackberry folks can help me. im am using the phone as a phone only not for email. my problem is that the unit was hooked up with BES and now the bluetooth does not work, and you cant remove security. it always prompts you to enter the password which i have. Cingular told me to have the previous IT send a black profile to the phone but the seller has not been returning my emails. i dont know what to do. the phone did not come with any software or cables. how can i hard reset the unit so it is no longer locked? if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

mike_187
11-16-2005, 11:54 PM
well first you will need desktop manager and latest software, then you should be able to wipe your handheld clean, also typing your passowrd in 10 times wrong will erase the os. do that then reinstall using desktop manger. it should work.

takeshi
11-17-2005, 12:04 AM
You can wipe the handheld all you want but it won't remove the IT policy. You have to find a BES admin willing to push a blank IT policy to your Blackberry.

ShaneToronto
11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
can you just push a blank policy? I would assume that the blackberry would have to be registered and activated on the BES and then a new policy file sent. that might take some serious convincing.
Good luck dusty!