PDA

View Full Version : 7100g and Bluetooth headset connection flaky?

telrod11
11-17-2005, 09:03 AM
Have Cingular 7100g OS ver 4.0.2.49 paired with Plantronics 510 headset.

If I answer a call using the button on the headset, it will connect 95% of the time.

If I originate the call, I may have to toggle between speakerphone / activate plantronics, in some cases 10X to finally get the connection to stick. (I'd say the percentage of first time connections is down about 15%)

Am I by myself here? Do your headsets connect flawlessly?

Also, if there is no "magic bullet" for this problem, is there a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to toggle between speakerphone / bluetooth, until I get the connection?

Man, this is a real pain to have to tell someone to hold on while I keep whaling on the scroll button, trying to get a connection!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

9balla4life
11-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I hate to break this to you bud but NOTHING works flawlessly. Connecting 95% of the time is actually a good percentage. I would go to OPTIONS>>>BLUETOOTH>>>HIGHLIGHT THE DEVICE>>>DEVICE PROPERTIES... Go to Trusted and make sure that it says YES. If it already does then I would suggest that you go and get another BT headset. Plantronics aren't my favorite but I know others who swear by it. I am not too familiar with the unit you have but don't buy a cheap headset... you get what you pay for. I used my Motorola 850 and 810 and I have no problems connecting nor have I experienced what you are experiencing.