PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Installation Problem

jrcewimpenny
06-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi All,

When I install the dektop software it appears to corrupt other programs on my system and stops them running. All the icons disappear in the taskbar notification area next to the clock with the exception of the McAfee one. I've tried installation with McAfee turned off in case this was the problem but no difference. Even the icon to remove external devices disappears.

After removing BB Desktop the only way to get back to normal is to restore the system to a point before the program was installed.

I'm running XP Pro.

SteveO86
06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Any objection to removing McAfee just to try and install the Desktop manager?

I really never had any good luck with McAfee..

jessessayss
06-12-2009, 02:18 AM
You may have to add the application to the list of acceptable applications within McAfee, if you are going down the road of uninstalling the virus scanner... you need to reboot 2, yes 2 times after you uninstall the program to have it completely removed off of your computer.

jrcewimpenny
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi All,

Many thanks for the info, I'll give them a try. I've come to the conclusion that perhaps it's not the BlackBerry Desktop program, but my PC starting to get to the stage where it needs a big cleanout! There's jsut so many applications on it.