PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed to even ask

dpc317
06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
So I just got a new blackberry, and already have noob questions. I went to move the application of Phone Lock.. and I accidentally hit HIDE instead of MOVE. Now I can't find the darn thing. Any help? Or is there a button combination I can hit to lock the keypad? Thanks a lot in advance

JGrauman
06-10-2009, 11:11 PM
hit the menu key, show all. you can also disable your "dial from homescreen" and use "k" as your keypad lock. also you can set your convenience key to "lock keyboard"

oasissux
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
On that note, I want to set my device to auto-lock, but don't want to use password enabled feature. Any way for it to timeout and lock itself without having to enter a password to unlock it?

kirrinjones
06-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Wirelessly posted

There is a free program called Keyboard Locker. You can get it at http://mobile.beiks.com.

jsconyers
06-11-2009, 08:17 AM
On that note, I want to set my device to auto-lock, but don't want to use password enabled feature. Any way for it to timeout and lock itself without having to enter a password to unlock it?

You could go into Options > Security Options > General settings and enable a password, then set a security timeout. That will automatically lock the device after x amount of time, which every increment you select.

oasissux
06-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I opted for the password. Better security.

ivanchvz
06-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Menu>Show all It will be kinda dull