View Full Version : Corrupt Outlook 2003 Calendar item causing sync to fail

06-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Does anybody know how to determine which Outlook Calendar item is causing BB sync to fail? The user has @<hidden> items, and I could open each one to see which items are bad, but that's way too time-consuming. Sync fails each time when Reading the item ( the item # changes because the # of items in the user's calendar changes). I could do a one-way sync from Outlook to the device, but that would only replicate the error, because the error is in Outlook.

Any help will be appreciated.

06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
If you have any Calendar appointments with Attachments I would delete the attachments, you can use filter in Outlook to view only calendar events with attachments..

I find that a good place to start.

06-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Have you tried rebuilding your .pst file. I would first start working to repair your .pst file maybe with your exchange admin or within Outlook itself...

06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
It does happen from time to time and can easily be resolved. I've seen it with our wireless sync customers....feel free to PM me and we can get you setup for a test sync and then pulled a detailed log to see if we can help...usually it's a simple case of reporting that event A is corrupt. After a deletion and readdition, the problem goes away...

06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks, guys, I'll search for and delete items with attachments, and I'll generate a log and see if it shows any corrupt items. I'll keep you apprised.

There's no PST to repair, because most of our mailboxes live on the Exchange server and are accessed through Outlook.

06-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I found one Calendar item with an attachment and deleted it. I also deleted items older than 1/1/2009. All bi-directional syncs thereafter have been successful. Thanks to one and all.