PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mail/Gmail/BlackBerry Bold

pmmchris
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I have recently replaced my Pearl with a Bold. Before the switch, I was able to get a copy of any of my gmail emails sent from my MacBook (using Apple Mail) on my BlackBerry. Since the device switch, this is no longer working. Can anyone direct me as to how to set this up so that it will work again

Thanks
Chris

kirrinjones
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Wirelessly posted

You should log into your BIS account and reset the passwords for your accounts. You can do this either from the device by going to E-mail Setup or from your carrier's BIS website.

rambo47
06-11-2009, 05:20 PM
You do have a bona fide BlackBerry Data Plan, right?

pmmchris
06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
You do have a bona fide BlackBerry Data Plan, right?

yes

rambo47
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Since you have a Mac (like me) you cannot use the Switch Devices Wizard in the BlackBerry Desktop Software which transfers over all your settings and accounts. You may have to set your accounts up manually on your new device. Before doing that, try logging in to your BIS page and resending your service books. While you're there you can also confirm that AT&T has your current device registered as the one on BIS via PIN and IMEI. If that doesn't get it sorted you may have to delete and re-add the email accounts. However, doing this may erase your old email off your new device.