PDA

View Full Version : New forum for 'Phoneswitchers'.

Dirky
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
If you are considering changing from a Blackberry to another type of smartphone or are perhaps thinking of changing from an iPhone to a Blackberry for instance or a Treo to a Blackberry my new forum might be able to help.

Each time I changed smartphones, most recently from a Blackberry to an Android G1, I would visit some forums for the phone I was switching to, and ask questions about it and hopefully get answers to how it differs to the phone I presently have.

Now there likes the problem! You see if you visit an Android forum, a Blackberry forum etc you will find it is very biased towards that particular platform. So when you start asking questions like:

“How does the calendar layout on the iPhone differ to the layout on the Blackberry I have now?”

You might get a few sensible answers but you will likely also attract some of the forum trolls and end up in a small flame war of your own. This has happened to me on several occasions.

So the idea behind my forum is you can hopefully get impartial advice from people who have already made the particular ‘phoneswitch’ you are considering, or who are also considering switching and may be able to help with your questions.

I’ll also be hanging out there and will help wherever I can!

The forum is called “Phone Switchers” and can be found here, Phone Switchers Forum • Index page (http://forum.phoneswitchers.com), please give it a try.

It's early days yet but hopefully it should start receiving some more posts soon!

akosnitzky
06-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

good luck

Dirky
06-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

good luck

Thanks, kinda hard to get things off the ground without a few visitors.

Helmdawg
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks, kinda hard to get things off the ground without a few visitors.

Could be not many folks are switching from their BB's to another device :razz:

Anyways, best of luck with the forum!

juwaack68
06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice idea - I joined. Always up for discussing different devices.

JSanders
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I joined. You may need someone to troll the BlackBerry section. :?

Dirky
06-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Nice idea - I joined. Always up for discussing different devices.

Cool, thanks!

Dirky
06-13-2009, 05:05 AM
I joined. You may need someone to troll the BlackBerry section. :?

:-) Thanks!

scottjb
06-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Just went there and the board is currently unavailable. :/

Dirky
06-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Damn :) The minute I go to do some maintenance on it, somebody actually logs in :)
Sorry about that, back online now.
D

ndub33
06-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I joined, looking forward to my confirmation so I can participate. I do think this thread is more appropriate for the "BlackBerry Versus..." section, so I am moving it.

scottjb
06-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I registered, but have not received a confirmation email. How long should that take? Usually they're immediate, but it's been about an hour.

Dirky
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I registered, but have not received a confirmation email. How long should that take? Usually they're immediate, but it's been about an hour.

I just created another test user, the confirmation email came in to my gmail account but went straight in the junk folder!
My guess is that's where it has ended up for some reason!?

Thanks for letting me know about this
D

VIOLATOR
06-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Just hit your page and registered as well. I like the concept. Maybe later down the line, and along the same theme, there can be a carrier switch section where folks can learn more about what phones can or can not be moved to what carriers and pros and cons of those carriers.

Just a thought....

Oh yea - my confirmation e-mail was in my spam folder as well.

David

scottjb
06-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Still not getting my activation email. Checked my spam box--not there either. :/

Dirky
06-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Still not getting my activation email. Checked my spam box--not there either. :/

Hi Scott,
I activated your account manually.

If anybody else did not receive the activation email please let me know and I can manually
activate if I know your username.

Thanks

scottjb
06-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Scott,
I activated your account manually...
Thanks--I'm in. :)

Dirky
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Hopefully I fixed the registration email bug. Tested it with a gmail account and it does not go in to the spam/junk folder now.

Dirky
06-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Hopefully I fixed the registration email bug. Tested it with a gmail account and it does not go in to the spam/junk folder now.

Please forgive me if you received a re-activation email. I sent these out to those who's registrations seem to get sent to their spam/junk filter.

I appear to have fixed that problem.
thanks
M

PaulMdx
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Good idea but it's down at the moment.

Dirky
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Good idea but it's down at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up, should be ok now :)

xauxi99
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Marked! I will come back to check this soon!thanks a lot.:-)
demande credit
immobilier simulation pret de france taux calcul
courtier (http://simulationdecreditimmobiler.com)Une simulation credit immobiler de France
a faire un
pret.demande
credit immobilier simulation pret de france taux calcul
courtier (http://simulationdecreditimmobiler.com)