PDA

View Full Version : Roxio Media Manager problem

purplcity4life
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM
i have desktop manager 4.7 and when i click the media icon from the desktop manager it shows the media sync all lighted up and clickable but Roxio is dark and wont let me click. I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 help plz

SteveO86
06-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Did you install the Desktop manager with Roxio?

Do you have any other Roxio programs installed on your computer?

purplcity4life
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
when i installed the desktop manager it said it installed roxio with it but i dont see it anywhere on my computer as in its own file or anything should i download it separately ?

SteveO86
06-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Re-Run the setup, do you have any other Roxio programs on your computer?

clumpymold
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Re-Run the setup, do you have any other Roxio programs on your computer?
Would that make a difference? I have Roxio for burning CDs on my computer as well.

And I'm having trouble viewing my media card using this Roxio Media Manager. Says it's not there. :(

SteveO86
06-12-2009, 10:08 PM
You can move stuff between your media using Windows Explorer, Inside "My Computer" I would only bother with Roxio if you moving movies/videos. Everything you can just copy and paste.

And yes there have been instances were Roxio products have conflicted.

clumpymold
06-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Would that make a difference? I have Roxio for burning CDs on my computer as well.

And I'm having trouble viewing my media card using this Roxio Media Manager. Says it's not there. :(
Nevermind. I just figured it out. As long as you don't allow access to the memory card via the Roxio Media Manager, it'll be able to read from the memory card. Odd.

SteveO86
06-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Weird, at least you figured it out.. Thanks for posting back.

sbs8331
07-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I have the same issue with Media Manager. It was accessible before but no longer, either when I went with 4.7 Desktop Manager or Media Sync. The point is taken about just using Windows Explorer, but I'd like to know why it's not available. I just re-installed 4.7 Desktop Manager last night (version with Media Manager), but same situation exists.