PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Catastrophe

LRiley
06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
My service books were updated two days ago, I preformed a sync for the first time since then today, and every appointment from my desktop Outlook calendar is GONE! I cannot recover or find them anywhere...However the appointments are still on my BB. I attempted to re-sync the BB 8800 hoping it would put them back onto my desktop Outlook calendar, but no luck at all. What do I do now?
In a panic!!!

SteveO86
06-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services, Set the CICAL entry back to what it was before/what you want it be.

If all your calendar events are in Outlook, then also go into the Desktop manager and clear all you calendars (inside backup/Restore -> Advanced) then perform a sync.

LRiley
06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Where am I when I do the following:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services, Set the CICAL entry back to what it was before/what you want it be.

I assume this is on my BB while calendar is open???

thx for the clarification.

SteveO86
06-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Correct Inside the BlackBerry, from the Options.. Should be the wrench icon.

The calendar does not have to be open infact I would close it to be safe.

LRiley
06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
ok...so I could figure out where my appointments are, I went to the calendar, options, discovered my appointments (253) are in Device Default calendar, one appointment is in Lori@<hidden>l, and zero in LRiley@<hidden>l. When I go to ..... Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services, Set the CICAL entry back to what it was before/what you want it be .... I have no idea what it was before, and there is no "Device Default" option. it is currently set to Lori@<hidden> email (where my calendar shows only one appointment), and my other option is LRiley@<hidden> where there are no appointments. What is my next step?

SteveO86
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Set the CICAL to what you want..

If all your calendar events are in Outlook, then also go into the Desktop manager and clear all you calendars (inside backup/Restore -> Advanced) then perform a sync.

LRiley
06-14-2009, 08:57 AM
The problem is that none of my calendar events are in Outlook... only in my BB. Do I still do the same as you suggested above?

SteveO86
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Nope, Do this.

1. Remove all your email accounts from your BlackBerry (This will force all calendar events to the Device Default Calendar)

2. Reset the sync in the Desktop manager
3. Configure the calendar to go One way FROM device TO Outlook. Run the Sync.

4. Everything should now be in Outlook.
5. Verify your calendar is in Outlook.
6. Disconnect your BB from you computer
7. Add your email accounts.
8. Set the CICAL entry To the one you want (Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services).
9. Then re-configure the sync the way you want. (for normal use)

Once that is done, All the calendar event WILL BE re-added to you BlackBerry under the calendar you specified. Once you verify that you should be good to go.

Let me know how you make out.

LRiley
06-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Just to verify step #2 & 3 above...
I find this in Desktop manager > Synchronization Configuration but my BB needs to be connected to make this change???

(I'm SOOO glad I have a very recent backup of everything...Just in case!!!)

MidnightDraven
06-15-2009, 05:02 AM
yes your BB needs to be connected.

SteveO86
06-15-2009, 05:38 AM
Just to verify step #2 & 3 above...
I find this in Desktop manager > Synchronization Configuration but my BB needs to be connected to make this change???

Correct.

LRiley
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Things are improving...and BTW you are a true life saver...thank you, thank you, thank you!!!. All apointments are back on Outlok, email accounts working fine, etc. My only concern now is that I went into Outlook, added a few more appointments, and went to re-sync (after returning the sync configuration for calendar back to TWO WAY), and it seems that it is recognizing all 258 of my appointments in Outlook as "new" and wants to add them onto my BB. Will this duplicate all of the appointments that are already on my BB? If so, how do I avoid the duplication?

SteveO86
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
No they will not duplicated in the same calendar. In step 8. we changed the CICAL entry which changes the calendar the Desktop Manager syncs with.

Now that everything is Outlook.

1. Plug your BB into your computer.
2. Run the Desktop manager and go into "Backup/Restore"
3. Go into "Advanced"
4. It will bring up a list on the right hand side with all the databases on your BlackBerry.
5. Find you "Calendar -All" entry and hit the "clear" button... You can actually clear all your calendars in here if you want. This will wipe all calendar entries off your BlackBerry.

Now when you sync it will re-create all you calendar entries and you back to normal, one calendar with all your events and no duplicates at all.

LRiley
06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Perfect, and it worked. Thank you so very much. Can I trouble you with one more question? If I may, this is regarding regarding profiles. I noticed that after re-setting up my email addresses that I the tones were different or mute. So, I went to profiles and this is what I discovered...

Profiles > (currently set on Normal) > Advanced... > Normal> I see: Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, then I see 4 Messages when I should only have two...
Messages [Lori@<hidden>
Messages [lori@<hidden>
Messages [LRiley@<hidden>
Messages [lriley@<hidden>
it appears that when I re-entered my two email addresses, I used different cases or typed them in differently than before - however, I'm nto totally sure. Is this or could it potentially cause a problem?
Again thanks for your help re: the calendar, and looking forward to hearing bck from you re: this too.

MidnightDraven
06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
pull the battery and it *should* delete the ones that are no longer on the phone.
i.e. the different cased ones.

SteveO86
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Cool, glad to see it worked out for.

Definitely, do the battery as recommended. Post back if it doesn't fix your issue.

LRiley
06-23-2009, 10:48 PM
PERFECT. It worked. Thanks so much for all your help.

richardw
08-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Brilliant Steve. All worked fine for me too.

I had searched for ages for a solution since OS4.5 updates gave so much grief.

This info should be in the FAQ!

Many thanks indeed for your advice.

Rolflo
08-05-2009, 05:33 PM
STEVE .. you´re the man.. thanks.. your solution is a life saver.

Just a note for future persons in distress, after deleting my email accounts the desktop manager simply wouldn't synch with outlook. Solved by reinstalling the BB desktop Manager.

Many many thanks

traininggoddess
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank you for the help offered to the other user here. I discovered this post by accident and it seems to be exactly the problem that I'm having. .

However, the solution doesn't seem to be working for me. I've lost all my calendar items on my desktop and I've tried virtually every step shown above without success.

In addition, my synchronization is losing my background graphic on my device resetting it to a default image and the pictures that I associated with some of my contacts on my Blackberry are lost in both the device and on my desktop.

Why is it suddenly giving me problems when it never did before?

Thanks in advance!

SteveO86
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
You might have more of issue then just the calendar sync problem. I would start up a new thread so we can focus on your issue.