PDA

View Full Version : Disable SINGLE email account

mfkozak
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Is it possible to disable only one email account while keeping others active. I don't want to delete it, just make it inactive for periods of time while others are active. Previous post seem to tell how to disable ALL accounts, I only want to disable one.

Thanks

Thatzmister2u
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Is it possible to disable only one email account while keeping others active. I don't want to delete it, just make it inactive for periods of time while others are active. Previous post seem to tell how to disable ALL accounts, I only want to disable one.

Thanks
If you are using BIS simply loging to the BIS site and on that account uncheck "Forward to Handheld". Please note that between the time it was unchecked and rechecked you will not receive any of the items during that period of time.

E-

Motorcycle Mama
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Yep, I do that all the time with my work email when I'm on vacation. I love the filters!!

mfkozak
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
First, Thanks!

Not to sound too foolish about this, but what is BIS, and how do I get to it. Can I do it on my Blackberry?

Thanks, I'm new to this.

Thatzmister2u
06-15-2009, 12:49 PM
First, Thanks!

Not to sound too foolish about this, but what is BIS, and how do I get to it. Can I do it on my Blackberry?

Thanks, I'm new to this.

You can login from a PC using these links:

Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F)

I beleive that you can do it from the Handheld but going into the email set-up icon and edting the account in question.

djm2
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I beleive that you can do it from the Handheld but going into the email set-up icon and edting the account in question.

Confirmed - yes you can from the BB.

Midusian
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
i'm looking for the same solution. the filter in the bis worked, but i can't figure out how to temporarily disable it on my pearl.
can you point me in the right direction?

djm2
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Do you have an icon on the Pearl labeled "E-mail Settings?" If so, this will take you to the same web site, but from the Pearl itself.

Midusian
06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
no, i don't have that icon. can it be done another way?

jjmach
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
That icon may be hide, so first press the menu button and select show all

Regards

Motorcycle Mama
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I can't see the filters from the Email Settings Application on my phone. I can only see them when I log into my BIS from a computer.

I wonder if it is different for different carriers.