PDA

View Full Version : keyboard backlight won't turn off! :(

okayDrain
06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
somebody help! my 8800 keyboard backlight refuses to turn off...i've read a bunch of threads and have found any answers that have worked...i pulled the battery a million times, messed with all the keyboard/screen settings. does anyone have a certified solution for this?

steveoevets
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Reinstall the OS perhaps?

okayDrain
06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
ya i'ma have to give that a shot, i read another poster say that it didn't help them but i'll give it a try

okayDrain
06-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Fixed it...completly drained the battery, and i mean completly took a little bit of work but then i took out the sim and battery completly for an hour or so and put it back in...when i turned the phone on it still did it but the next morning everything was back to normal

funbusman
07-24-2009, 11:23 PM
How can I replicate this? I'd give anything for the keyboard backlight on my new 9630 to stay on! I'd prefer to have some control over it, but it's default behavior of going on and off only when it feels it's appropriate and giving me zero control is more than annoying, especially since the alphanumerics are not all that legible when the backlight is not on.