PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions Need Answering !

sledneck64
06-15-2009, 10:39 PM
hey guys run into a few abrupt problems with my 8700r.

the LED notification light nolong flashes red when i recieve a message, it just stays off, and then when i read the message, it flashes green again...what gives ?:?

my other quetsion is:
my phone fell on the pool table and cracked the outer plastic screen cover...(n)
how much do they cost to send in and replace ?!?

thanks alot,
chris

dimsum
06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
dont know about the first question, but for the second question its simple..

go to ebay.com and type in 8703 blackberry, and you`ll see a bunch of auctions for the screen replacements.. I just changed mine last week, cost me $10 for a brand new screen with plastic wrap on it from hong kong.. I would also suggest getting a professional to install it, also $10, for you seeing as how the technically challenged can run into problems with dismantling of the device..

all in all, for $20, I made my blackberry look brand new! check it out ! hope this helps

AS

sledneck64
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
where did you bring it to get the new cover installed ?

dankarlinski
06-16-2009, 07:22 PM
the front cover is very easy to do. i have done a few myself.

as for the red/green thing

green - Status light. blinks if you have service.

as for the red light... one of 2 things..

check in your profiles under sms/email/whatever. it will have an option under "repeat notification" make sure that it is set to LED Flashing

see if that helps. also, remember to pull the battery to see if that helps. if neither of those work, it sounds like either the LED is burnt out/broken/disconnected in some way. good luck =)

dimsum
06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
any cell phone shop in your area will be able to do it, its really simple to take apart, except for the part where you need to crack open the case, if you do it wrong and break the clips, then your screwed.. but other than that its simple..

I brought it to a guy located inside the Shoppes of the Parkway mall on Highway 7 in richmond hill..

or just try pacific mall