PDA

View Full Version : Deleting ALL messages

rootercycles
06-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Is there a way to delete all messages from my Blackberry in one step without deleting them in my email account too? I have a few hundred that I don't need, and I would like to do it in one step without having to scroll through all of them.

rambo47
06-16-2009, 05:29 AM
First, open Messages and go to Options > Email Reconciliation and make sure it's set to "Prompt" or "Handheld". That way deletions will either be only on the BB itself or it will ask you with each deletion and you can choose Handheld then. All this ensures that deletions do not occur on both the BB and your mail server so copies are preserved on your desktop computer.

Then to delete all messages, go to a date and use the Menu key to select "Delete Prior". Everything from that date back gets deleted in one shot. Go to today's date and everything goes.

rootercycles
06-16-2009, 06:46 AM
thanks for your help!

juwaack68
06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Just an FYI that even if you have your Email Reconciliation set to 'Mailbox & Handheld' the Delete Prior action will not delete your email from your mail client. Delete Prior will only ever delete from your handheld.