PDA

View Full Version : Pause email service

liput
06-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I've got a curve using BES and would like to pause receiving corporate emails when on holiday

I've seen 2 solutions, neither of which quite work for me

1) Turn off data services. This works, but I then can't get to personal email, google maps etc...
2) In Email Settings turn "Send Email To Handheld" to Off. This stops email, but then does not seem to send the email I missed when I re-activate the email service

Is there a way to stop emails arriving, but then get the blackberry to 'catch up' again afterwards?

Thanks

takeshi
06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I can't think of a good way to do this. What's your specific goal? You may be best off just creating a profile that doesn't alert you to BES email if you just want to avoid notifications. However, that won't help if you're looking to avoid data roaming charges if you're traveling internationally.

liput
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
the main thing is that i don't want to see emails on the home page of my blackberry as I'll just end up checking them whilst on holiday

but I want to be able to turn them on when I get back and see them all again

Motorcycle Mama
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
You can't do what you are asking.

If you activate the "Do not forward to handheld" function from the BIS, the messages received during that time will never be sent to the device.

And turning the data services off, turns off ALL the data.

If you want the messages on the device, you need to let them be pushed to the device and then just ignore them until you get back.