PDA

View Full Version : FM modulator

nursemomma2005
06-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi ...new to the boards...so hope I am posting this in the right area...I have a Pearl 8130 and want to play music on it through my stereo.
Can anyone suggest a a GOOD RELIABLE FM Modulator? I currently have some kind of Belkin and it sucks!

texasPI
06-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Does your vehicle have an audio input? I messed with transmitters for awhile and was never really happy with them. I just upgraded my car stereo to one with audio input.

Edit: Im assuming you were talking of a car radio?

nursemomma2005
06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Does your vehicle have an audio input? I messed with transmitters for awhile and was never really happy with them. I just upgraded my car stereo to one with audio input.

Edit: Im assuming you were talking of a car radio?

Yes I was talking about car radio and no unfortunately it does not have audio input.
Im not a technical person...is that the place you can plug a wire into in the front?

texasPI
06-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes I was talking about car radio and no unfortunately it does not have audio input.
Im not a technical person...is that the place you can plug a wire into in the front?

Yes. You can find some pretty decent inexpensive radios for less than $100 plus installation. Or some of the big box stores offer free installation but you pay for parts etc. I have been very happy since switching to this than messing with FM transmitter. The last transmitter I bought was like $70-$80 dollars as I thought it would be better than the cheapie ones but it was not. A few bucks more and I could of had the car stereo instead.

Good luck (y)