PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend? Yak-On or VeriChat

MiamiE
11-18-2005, 08:31 AM
i only use AIM so i really dont need all the other features of VeriChat, but if its a better program that wont destroy my phone ill go for it. Yak-On is only $19.99

nb_mitch
11-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I can't comment on Verichat, I am a cingular 7290 user, have been using Yak-On for about a week and love it. I do own a copy of IM+ but never was able to get it to work.

I am currently using the Yak-On free trial version, I would suggest to try both before you buy and see what works best for you.

Mitch

ps. you can also do searches on both and look at the IM thread for allot of information about the products.

pss. For me the only issue I have, is I went against the install instructions on Yak-On and used the default TLS setting of proxy instead of the recommended handheld. I tried it, but it caused my BB to freeze up.

MiamiE
11-18-2005, 08:58 AM
another question off the topic. i own the Blackberry 7100i does this phone only come with the standard ring? no other factory installed ringtones, like on other Nextel phones. just wondering.

ill give them both a try and see what i like!

martin_j001
11-18-2005, 02:03 PM
The 7100i came with many ringtones installed.

Verichat has been very reliable for me over the past year--I would highly recommend it.

andrebsd
11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Verichat does more (connects to more protocols) but also cost more.

Yak-On only connects to AIM / MSN, but cost less.

I would try both and see which you like.

casmer
11-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I have used Verichat for the last year and just let my subsciption lapse. I think they are both good. I have found that verichat seems to disconnect more frequently than Yak-on, but I have noticed that my phone has locked up a couple of times since I have started using Yak that forces me to pull the battery. I am not 100% sure I can blame Yak-on for that though.

I do like the interface better to Yak-on as well. I like the chat session screens better, it is easier to read who said what while you are chatting. Yak-on doesn't seem to have as many features yet (at least the version I am running), but it is still in its infancy and can only get better.

So now I have switched over to Yak-on because it is a 1 time fee as opposed to a yearly subscription and because of the chat interface.

MiamiE
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
im going to try out Yak-On

speedsk8berry
11-18-2005, 07:12 PM
i would recomend yak-on i own a verichat livense and so ready to buy the yzk on i love the tab chat i can't stand verichat i have 300+ buddies some like to stay invisable so i could get 3 ims and have to hunt down my list to find em wich is annoying i can live with out yahoo connection though i wish they would build it in. yak-on in my point of view is a better thought out and planned software.