PDA

View Full Version : BAD news on the 8700c delivery

greggebhardt
11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
I know many will doubt my words and who knows if they are true, but my Cingular Corp sales person who promised my 8700c on the 21st, just called and said the release has been pushed back to the 28th!

No proof of this call but I have no reason to lie and my sales person did not drop this on me to just piss me off!

CowboyChris
11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
That's unfortunate, though completely believable, and seems to closely correlate with other recent posts both on this forum and others. Thanks for asserting a date!

Wiseass
11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
My rep said 3-4 days, that friday after thanksgiving probably.

Same reason I've seen posted on the boards here, "Software/OS update", but who knows reasoning.

On a side note I finally got my email about the freebie that someone will personally deliver to me lol

only 3 weeks after the roll-out event :)

BBUser7100t
11-18-2005, 10:37 AM
For those of you experienced in these periods of exclusivity like the one Cingular has for the 8700, does that period begin to run from a contractually agreed upon date up front, or once they actually make the product available for sale?

I'm wondering if this is going to push back the release of the 8700 from other providers like T-Mobile, if its 60 days/90 days from the date of actual release.

bperkins
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I received the same info this morning from mine. Probably delayed it so that those that attended the events can get theirs next week ;->.

Email to Rep:

What a shame on the delay, any reason why? If available on the 28th I will need to do overnight since we are leaving for a few days for Thanksgiving.

Thanks Brian.

His Reply

"No reason-the 21st was just my guess reading probably the same articles you were, but yesterday they sent out the first official email that we were getting it on 28th. I guess better late than never."

Soapm
11-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Must be major update or why would they not release the device and let the owner update the software? They could have just put a sticker on the box instead of investing all these man hours.