PDA

View Full Version : 8830/Pandora/Aux Jack on Car Stereo

mccheeseburger
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I have an 8830 and I recently downloaded Pandora. My goal is to be able to hook my phone up to the auxiliary jack in my car and stream music through my car radio. I have been able to do this with my friend's iphone but have been unsuccessful with my 8830. My problem is that when I plug the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that I bought from Verizon the phone doesn't recognize it and continues to play through the crappy speakers on the phone. Anyone had success with getting this to work?

takeshi
06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I've had no problems with Seidio's adapter and an 8800. Can't speak for the rest.

mccheeseburger
06-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Tired the seidio adapter and nothing. It does not matter what order I plug/unplug/play/pause/etc nothing comes out of the car's stereo. The phone continues to play the music through the internal speakers. Any settings that I am missing?

SteveO86
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I got no problem doing that with BlackBerry..

Have you tried a normal pair of wired headphones, any damage on the Jack itself?

Dizzaay
06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
I just bought a new curve 8330 and downloaded pandora on it. Any suggestions on which speakerphone i should use, im a little wary about droppin $100 on one after researching it a little bit and reading all the problems ppl have had

paliotti
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm having the same problem with my 8830. I use a headphone fine and hear music through the ear bud, but plug in any other wire to the headphone jack and the external speaker keeps playing. The boys at Radio Shack tried adapter after adapter with no luck. Is there some protection feature in the earphone jack that won't accept standard plugs?

cj3
07-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I did a system reset and it fixed my problem with the issues that you are having. Until I did the reset I could not play through any headphones or the car. I got this idea from a post from someone else so I dont take any credit if it works.