PDA

View Full Version : 8703 - sprint - jl_cmder

freaknasty
06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
hi ... i recently had my instinct die on me so i purchased a bb8703. after getting the phone i have come to find out that this must have been a corporate phone and has the password nag as well as some strange email address that is associated with the phone.

i downloaded the latest desktop manager and then i upgraded the phones OS to 4.5. i then dnloaded the JL_cmder program and 'installed' it (as administrator). (im running vista 64). the program didnt show up in the programs menu so i surfed into the program files(x86) folder and found the JL_Cmder folder.

i then right clicked on the JL_cmder icon and ran it as administrator. i get the command prompt box that looks like the screen shot in the JL_Cmder thread and when i use 5) resettofactory i get a red box with this message "'JAVALOADER' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." (see attachment).

so i try the whole process again ... this time with the battery removed and the same results.

thanks for any suggestions you might have

kim

oasissux
06-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Another option that I found quite simple was using the DOS prompt to navigate to:

c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader

and then running: loader.exe/resettofactory

I tried Jl_cmder to no avail, but using the apploader in Desktop Manager was a breeze. Now, if you've already backed up the device, I think it will back up the IT policy as well, so you might want to just consider starting fresh. I think there's a workaround, but I couldn't sort it out.

Dubdub
06-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Are you just trying to remove the IT Policy?

Did you search for that?

From our FAQ: Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)

freaknasty
06-18-2009, 08:02 AM
it seems that the policy.bin file referenced in step 2 is no longer available.

jsconyers
06-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Try following the command in oasissux's thread.

However, as you've already noticed, you will need to be in the Program Files (x86) folder.

dillybaggins
09-18-2009, 07:41 AM
i got same mesage what can i do?

NJBlackBerry
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Search your hard drive for the Javaloader.exe executable.
If it is not there, then reinstall JL_CMDER

dillybaggins
09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
now i got error:unable to open port,

NJBlackBerry
09-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Do you have Desktop Manager open?

MobileEnhancement
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
If your just trying to flash the phone, call SPrint.... they will tell you to ##rtn then give you the MSL when prompted. That will clear both problems and jl_cmder becomes unneccesary.