PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Curve 8900 - missing icon and removing icon

doctortt
06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi, I just got my Blackberry Curve 8900, and this device is awesome. I would like to find out two things:

1) On the menu where you see *all* the icons, I don't see the telephone icon. I always have to press the phone button to go into the phone screen. Well, this doesn't bother me; however, every BB has the telephone icon, and I'm just wondering why it's not there anymore.

2) On the main screen where you see only 6 icons, time, battery and signal strength, is there a way to remove that small profile icon on the upper left handed corner? When I use the trackball, I always accidentally get in there. Also, my fat fingers soemtimes change my existing profile setting.

jjmach
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Hello,

I think the telephone icon is at the applications folder, you can move it out to the main screen, the second question I don't think there's a way to remove that icon

Regards

doctortt
06-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Checked the application folder, and that icon is not there. :(

kjjb0204
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
If you have "dial from home screen" set to no, you can also press P to get to the phone app. Not sure why the icon is missing.

Icons are theme controlled. You could try a different theme that doesn't show the profile icon.

jsconyers
06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
I believe it may be a 4.6.1 thing. The 8350i devices that I have do not have the Call Log icon either. However, if I press alt + escape, it shows the icon within the switch application window.