PDA

View Full Version : Recomendation

rumilla
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi, I want to change my blackberry but need help to decide, which one do you recomend must, BOLD vs. STORM.

Thanks in advance.

Dubdub
06-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Depends on which your carrier supports.

Bold is GSM 3G

Storm is CDMA 3G and GSM EDGE 2G

At least in North America that is.

rambo47
06-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I always recommend users to go a retail store and play with the different models. The keyboard is your interface and you have to be comfortable with the type and style. In very very general terms, the Storm is more multimedia-oriented and combines a touch screen (ala the iPhone) with a huge screen. But that means no physical keyboard. I could simply not get used to the Storm's virtual keyboard making it a complete non-starter for me. The Bold has the best keyboard ever on a BlackBerry IMHO. While it does multimedia stuff ok, it's focus is still business. Biggest screen on a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard, but way smaller than the Storm's. I prefer the overall size of the Curve to the Bold, but the Curve's keyboard is second best when compared to the Bold.

Again, in super general terms:
If your focus is multimedia like YouTube, pictures, videos, etc: Storm
If your primary reason for a Blackberry is email, and you send lots of 'em daily: Bold

akosnitzky
06-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

I agree with rambo. Although sometimes it is not so easy to get an effective working model

Dubdub
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Another vote for Rambo's suggestion

rumilla
06-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks all, i will take the recomendations and check out with the carrier