PDA

View Full Version : Attachments with same names

phalpern
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Not sure where to post this, so please excuse.

We have an Avaya phone system in our office which forwards all voicemail to a user's email account. Our users then receive their office voicemail on their BBs as a .wav attachment named voicemail.wav. They download and listen to this attachment. Works wonderfully.

We are a corporate (Microsoft) BES environment with a mixture of BBs from various carriers. Recently upgraded the BES to latest release version. All works fine, except . . .

Since our BES upgrade, when users download a voicemail attachment they get "File already exists. Rename?" They are forced to rename the file before it will download and save on the BB.

Theory is that the former BES version simply would overwrite the attachment with the new one. Now, we need to rename it. I am not the BES Admin, but am wondering if anyone knows if there is a config to allow a file already existing on the device to be overwritten by a new file with the same name. I am presuming this is a BES issue since it is happening across carrier devices from AT&T, T-Mobile and others.

I understand the user can simply Preview the attachment and listen to it, but some of them want to download it to listen later, etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul

rambo47
06-18-2009, 08:41 PM
No, it must be renamed by the user to be saved. I'm surprised the older system did this automatically. It would be easier to have the Avaya system give the files a name that includes the date and time for uniqueness.