PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Sync Calander with Outlook.

Malhavoc
06-19-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm using an 8130, Desktop Manager Version 4.7 with Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Vista.

I called tech support, and after fiddling with the settings he told me to reinstall the Desktop Manager. I did that, and it's still not working.

Tasks, contacts, and memos are syncing. I'm not getting any error messages. It just doesn't sync the calendar in either direction.

Anyone else encounter this? Any suggestions?

Mark Scott1971
06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Wirelessly posted

This issue is a nightmare.I use windows live for email but there is no way to sync the hotmail calender that I know off.however I want to sync my work diary in outlook to my 8310 curve but try as I have there is no way to even get outlook recognised by diary manager.the only options are none, ascii or yahoo. Help would be appreciated

Malhavoc
06-20-2009, 06:23 AM
My problem was a bit different, but I solved it by installing the service pack and updates for Outlook that I didn't already have. Maybe that will work?

You could also try uninstalling Desktop Manager, clearing out your registry, and then reinstalling.

Dubdub
06-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Wirelessly posted

This issue is a nightmare.I use windows live for email but there is no way to sync the hotmail calender that I know off.however I want to sync my work diary in outlook to my 8310 curve but try as I have there is no way to even get outlook recognised by diary manager.the only options are none, ascii or yahoo. Help would be appreciated

Can you sync the hotmail calendar to google calendar and then sync that to Outlook and to your BB?

I use the Google calendar sync to keep my laptop, desktop, home PC, wife's PC and my BB all in sync. Thunderbird/Lightning on the laptop and Outlook on the other PCs. It also works OK with Entourage on a Mac.

Don't know if it will work with hotmail calendar or not, but might be worth a try.