PDA

View Full Version : BB, iCal, Adress Book, Mail, Exchange account???

Seattle18
11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I know there are explanations of my question out there somewhere, in bits and pieces, but can someone please take the time to give me a direct answer on how to do this, if possible?

I have a Mac, and I prefer Address Book/iCal/Mail over Entourage. I will be getting a BB 8700 from Cingular soon. I need to be able to have the BB and my iCal/Address Book/Mail all synced at all times. Is this possible? If so, how? I have a hosted Exchange account with 1and1.com, but I don't use it right now. Can I have all 5 of my email addresses forwarded to the Exchange account, which will sync with the BB, then just set up the BB with all accounts plus the Exchange accout so when composing or replying I can send from accounts other than the one Exchange account? Is there a better solution?

Secondly, how can I sync my Address Book/iCal with the BB through Exchange? Or is it not possible?

Lastly, why the hell doesn't Apple just come up with a version of .Mac that allows total syncing like Exchange does???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc

trstack
11-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I too use only Mac OS X at home at Windoze XP/Exchange at work with a BB.

PocketMac -
www.pocketmac.net
works fine for Address Book and iCal, just forward your non-exchange email account to your BB through your cell providers BB web service while maintaining your BES connection for work emails.

Snerdware's Groupcal -
www.snerdware.com
worked great to get Exchange Calendars and tasks to iCal before Tiger, but it still needs some work before I'll use with 10.4.3

Enjoy...

ScottE22
02-08-2006, 12:22 PM
It's been almost 3 months since this thread was active, so in the mean time has anyone tried using the 2.5 Beta of Groupcal with Tiger?