PDA

View Full Version : Can no Longer Backup 3rd Party Apps

The Sand
06-22-2009, 11:46 PM
I posted this in the sticky thread regarding 3rd party apps but feel it might go unnoticed so I thought I would start a thread...

I have DM 4.7 with the latest update (notified via auto-update and installed about 2 weeks ago) and now backing up the 3rd party apps no longer works. I get a fatal error and then Windows says, "Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution is found." This same error happened on all 3 Vista computers in the home. I had to use the XP to backup my apps. The XP is old so I don't want to rely on that computer to get this done.

Hoping someone here can figure out why this happened and a workaround for backing up the apps as this is a HUGE plus saving LOADS of time when going to a new device - or for restoring.

Please let us know if you find some kind of solution - me, and everybody else with Vista would be very grateful...

Sandy

The Sand
07-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I updated to Desktop Manager 5.0 yesterday and this was fixed. So if anybody is having trouble try updating.

Sandy