PDA

View Full Version : Time To Replace The Battery?

SmoothOperator
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I bought my BlackBerry Bold on eBay a month ago and it has worked fine until this morning. The phone was only about a few months old. For the past month I've been using it regularly, but nowhere near like a cell phone freak. A few emails here, a little browsing here and there. I'd say that on a typical day I would be using up anywhere from one bar of the battery power indicator to about half of the bars. Wake up the next morning and put it in the charger for a few hours and the unit is fully charged and ready to go.

This morning, however, is a different story. Pressed the power button to check for emails and nothing happens. Plugged in the charger and the red power light turns on and off intermittently, and on the screen I get a very dim gray screen displaying a battery icon with a charge going through it. This baffles me because I don't abuse my Bold, and I find it hard to believe that the phone would spontaneously die. Shouldn't the battery gradually die?

Could the fault lie in the battery, or is there a deeper issue with the power supply?

JSanders
06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
It could be the battery, but they don't normally die that fast.
For now, leave it charged several hours, and then with it STILL plugged in, remove the battery and reinsert it to reboot.

You probably could use recalibrating the battery.

Read this for details and tips on your battery.
Battery Use Tips for your Maximum Battery Life | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/)

akosnitzky
06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

I had a similiar experience to the OP and it was indeed the battery. Especially if the ebay seller is a company as opposed to an individual owner.