PDA

View Full Version : Mail sent from desktop shows as sent on blackberry as well

mick123
11-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Hello All,

We recently updated to BES 4.0 and now items sent from the exchange desktop client show up in the blackberry as being sent, this did not happen prior to update. I attempted to stop this "feature" on the BES under properties of user > filter tab > when none of the above filters apply do not send to handheld.

We have two filters for Cc: Bcc: and To: the only problem with this "fix" was that distribution lists have a seperate smtp address and I did not receive email sent to DL's because, I assume, my exact email address was not in one fo the To: Cc: or Bcc: field.

Also tried the half moon I trick but that is temporary, very temporary.

In closing how can I prevent items being sent from the desktop showing up as sent on the BB, and still have mail received my BB when sent to DL.

Thanks to anyone who looks into this.
Mike

zip
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
You have 3 options:

1. If you have wireless e-mail reconciliation turned on, go into messages on the device, then options. Click on Email Settings, then click the wheel again and choose folder redirection. There you should be able to expand your mailbox and de-select Sent Items.
2. In desktop manager, double click Redirector Settings. Go to the Advanced tab, and hit the “Choose Folders…” button. Make de-select the Sent Items folder (I have seen issues with this in certain versions of the desktop manager, however)
3. In the BES, bring up the properties from the user. Click on the Redirection tab. Hit the “Choose Folders…” button, and de-select the Sent Items folder.

-Zip