PDA

View Full Version : Compose font

sharding
11-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I've noticed that when I send messages (including replies) to people from my BlackBerry (7290 on T-Mobile), the messages are sent in HTML with a small font. If I look at the source (after decoding the base64), I see that it's enclosing the text in "<FONT SIZE=2>".

I can't figure out how to change this. Ideally, I'd like it to compose in plain text by default, and only reply in HTML (with a reasonable font, preferrably the same as I have in my desktop Outlook) if the message being replied to was HTML. That's how I have Outlook set up, and it would be great if I could get the BlackBerry to do the same thing. But if that's not possible, I at least want to figure out how to make it use a larger font when composing. Where is this set? I can't find it in any of the options.

Sean

sharding
11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Actually, looking more closely at the text, I think the HTML conversion is being done by the Exchange server (see below). Is there some way to stop this? I get email from co-workers using their BlackBerries all the time, and they don't seem to have this problem. So there must be some way to influence it...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7232.86">
<TITLE>Font test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Blah<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

sharding
11-28-2005, 11:16 PM
So has no one ever seen this before, or is it just that no one knows how to fix it? I *think* the issue is that when the plain text Blackberry messages leave the Exchange server, they're getting converted to HTML. When I send messages to myself (which would not leave Exchange), they stay plain text. Perhaps more importantly, when I send plain text messages using Outlook rather than the Blackberry, they stay plain text even if they leave Exchange. So it's something different about the Blackberry messages.

Very frustrating.