PDA

View Full Version : Balckberry BIS Issues

jflorence23
07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi All

I have a scenario at one of my clients, they have approx 20 Vodaphone Backberrys that use the BIS service and I have added the company email to them via the Web Interface for delivery of works email, when adding account prompts for Outlook Web Access address etc along with Mailbox name.

One use you has a O2 supplied Blackberry I go throught the same procedure as above but is does not prompt me for Outlook Web Access address etc as soon as you put in works email address and password it seems to add the account but will not recieve any emails can send okay tho.

Spoke to O2 they said that BIS is not supposed to work with OWA, I think this is a fob off as all my Vodaphones Blackberrys are okay.

Can anyone shed any light on this

Thanks in advance

Dubdub
07-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Might want to check our FAQ and look at the email section.

takeshi
07-08-2009, 08:38 AM
One use you has a O2 supplied Blackberry I go throught the same procedure as above but is does not prompt me for Outlook Web Access address etc as soon as you put in works email address and password it seems to add the account but will not recieve any emails can send okay tho.

Spoke to O2 they said that BIS is not supposed to work with OWA, I think this is a fob off as all my Vodaphones Blackberrys are okay.

Remove the account and next time omit the password when you add the account. BIS definitely works with OWA. You might want to tell O2 to get their facts straight. Refer them to:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05333&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=117252495&stateId=1%200%20117264580