PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Calendar Syncing Issue

nick119
07-08-2009, 04:14 PM
hey guys -

I have a user here that is having some calendar syncing issues. He's on a bis and uses Desktop manager 4.7 to sync his device's calendar/tasks/address book with his outlook 2007 desktop. Address book and tasks come through fine, however his calendar entries only come through from his outlook to his phone, even with Bi-directional syncing on. It also asks him to confirm 39 calendar additions every time like the calendar entries on his phone are non existent (he has way over 100 entries on his phone that are not coming through to his Outlook).

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

SteveO86
07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Have you reset and reconfigured the sync?
I would start there, did you have this problem with other versions of the desktop manager?

nick119
07-09-2009, 08:23 AM
The reason the user upgraded the desktop manager in the first place was to see if that would fix it. I've tried resetting up the sync to just go one direction from the device to the calendar to see if it would work that way as opposed to bi-directional, and nothing. IT's almost like the calendar events don't exist in his device. Not sure where to go. It is the CEO of the company haha so I'd like to refrain from telling him I have to delete all his events from his phone in order to get it working. Any other ideas?

SteveO86
07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Could be a corrupt calendar database.. Use the Advanced Section inside Backup/Restore and backup the calendars. Once they are backed up clear them, then reset and reconfigure the sync in the desktop manager.

Not running a BES in your company?