PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Cruve Data Plan not working even though everything else works

andresouth
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a Blackberry 8320 which I'm am sure is Unlocked to work on different carriers but I'm having a problem with the data services, they dont seem to work. I do not get the big EDGE as I know I'm suppose to I still only get little edge and Its not the sim as I have tried it in another phone and the data services work. The phone does have at&t printed at the bottom of it but the phone services like SMS and Voicecalls and everything works fine on other networks so I'm sure the phone is Sim unlocked.

Need Help??? Need to know what to do?????

jbairdjr
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Do you have the Blackberry's Device ID (PIN) associated with your account?
Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?

andresouth
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Do you have the Blackberry's Device ID (PIN) associated with your account?
Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?

Yes I went on www digicel.blackberry com BlackBerry Internet Service[/url] and registered my phone and IMEI and it's suppose to pop up on my phone that it has been registered and still nothing.

Yes I have a Data Plan I tried my SIM in my friends Blackberry Bold and got the big EDGE is there but still small EDGE on my phone.

rambo47
07-09-2009, 06:56 PM
You need a BlackBerry data plan from your carrier, either BES (corporate) or BIS (independent user) to get data services.

rambo47
07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables and use the Menu key to select Register with Network (or whatever else it says with Register). You should also go to the BIS page for Digicel, log in, and make sure your PIN and IMEI are the ones associated with your account.

andresouth
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables and use the Menu key to select Register with Network (or whatever else it says with Register). You should also go to the BIS page for Digicel, log in, and make sure your PIN and IMEI are the ones associated with your account.

Ok I did that and it said request sent and nothing happens so I'm still at a loss??

rambo47
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
First, while it's running, pull the battery out for a minute. If upon restart it's not sorted out, then it's time to call Digicel and speak with tech support about making sure your BB is associated with your account.