PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry users. Can I have messages from a sender automatically move to a different

nuocmy89
07-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I use rules in Outlook to move messages directly to a Sub Folder based on the user email address. It does not do this on my blackberry. How do I get messages from one person to automatically bypass the message inbox and go to a subfolder?

When I enable the redirect, it only copies the message to that folder but it still sits in my messages.

------------Thank you------------------------------------------------------
What are the best places to travel in europe this summer 2009?
answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvgAg__n_0cluknqfRk7gf8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090701115511AAYFcrn

MidnightDraven
07-10-2009, 06:29 AM
are you on BIS or BES?
BIS, no you cant do it.
BES, talk to your BES admin.

takeshi
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
If you're on BES it probably is in a folder. Note that Messages (or your BES icon) isn't your inbox. If the email is in Messages with a folder icon (versus the envelope used for email) then it's in the subfolder. Unread email in subfolders will appear in Messages in this manner. They'll disappear once they're marked read and you'll have to view the subfolder to see them after that point.

Haven't tried this myself but if you don't want to see them in Messages you can try to alter the rule to mark the message as read and move it to the subfolder.

toddchris
10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to make this happen for our CEO, and yes it does work to have a the message marked as read. The problem is by adding that option to the rule, it makes it a client sided rule which is a problem.

Any other options or ideas?

tc