PDA

View Full Version : Help!! D:

Myishca
07-12-2009, 06:23 AM
heres the problem...

last night i accidently pulled out the lead that connected my blackberry and my pc. now it says error 507 with a little box in the middle that has a circle in it, square then a triangle, and one big circle around it and a diagonal line through it...
I'm not a complete computer geek but i do know what im doing to some extent, but ive tried looking round for help and people are saying its just that my operating system is missing from the handheld...

IF ANYONE CAN HELP... I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT..

if it makes any difference, im on pay as you go, with an o2 pearl 8110, and not connected to the internet on it..

MidnightDraven
07-12-2009, 07:17 AM
The only way unplugging your BB from the Pc could cause that error is if you were updating the OS.
You have basically removed it before the OS was fuly loaded.
And you need to load the OS again.

Myishca
07-12-2009, 07:26 AM
The only way unplugging your BB from the Pc could cause that error is if you were updating the OS.
You have basically removed it before the OS was fuly loaded.
And you need to load the OS again.

well i tried plugging it in again but it doesnt load up...
is there any other way i can upload the OS again?

thanks

MidnightDraven
07-12-2009, 07:26 AM
i believe you will need to use jl cmder to wipe the device and then reload the OS.

Myishca
07-12-2009, 07:33 AM
i believe you will need to use jl cmder to wipe the device and then reload the OS.

just tried to install jl cmder and i click yes to install then it flashes up and goes away... hmm...
this is driving me crazy!!
any more ideas?

thanks

MidnightDraven
07-12-2009, 07:35 AM
nope, the only way is to use jl cmder and then reload after wipe.
keep trying.
look at the faq here:How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)
and if that doesnt work:What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

ahmedbilalmir
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
heres the problem...

last night i accidently pulled out the lead that connected my blackberry and my pc. now it says error 507 with a little box in the middle that has a circle in it, square then a triangle, and one big circle around it and a diagonal line through it...
I'm not a complete computer geek but i do know what im doing to some extent, but ive tried looking round for help and people are saying its just that my operating system is missing from the handheld...

IF ANYONE CAN HELP... I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT..

if it makes any difference, im on pay as you go, with an o2 pearl 8110, and not connected to the internet on it..
If Error 507 is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone will not display as connected in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Use the Application Loader tool to install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone.

To use the Application Loader tool to install BlackBerry Device Software, complete the following steps:

Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service provider's software download web site.
Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and then click OK.
Complete one of the following steps:
If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
Click Next.
If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
Note: When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry smartphone, the Device Application Selection screen appears with a list of applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Select the check box for the BlackBerry Device Software.
Click Next.
If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether to automatically back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone, and then click Next.
Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
Click Close when the software is finished loading.