PDA

View Full Version : Switching from 8310 to Bold (both on ATT)?

redbadger
07-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I have a 8310 and got a Bold for a gift. Can I simply take my sim card out of my 8310 and put it in the Bold and will the phone, e-mail, etc. work with my current number, plan, etc.? Or, do I have to call customer service to have them activate the Bold? I am trying to avoid having to call customer service, as I am on a company plan, and ATT will have to contact to the person in charge of our IT Phone divison to get permission, which will just cause delay for me and hassle.

MidnightDraven
07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
if you have a BB data plan on your current plan, then swapping the sim cards over should be fine.
you will need to go to your carriers BIS site and use the "change device" option, to enter the new device's PIN and IMEI. this will then send the service books and setup your email on the new device.

ezrunner
07-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Also use switch device wizard to transfer all of your info from one device to another

takeshi
07-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Or, do I have to call customer service to have them activate the Bold?
You don't activate GSM devices. You activate SIM cards. Since yours is already active you just need to transfer it (in addition to the other steps mentioned above).