PDA

View Full Version : Hide when filed - policy setting

DavidAdams
07-13-2009, 06:32 AM
OK, I have searched high and low and cannot find if this can be acheived.

We have a BB which is departing these shores for our Hong Kong Office for our MIS guys to use in rotation when they are out there. It will be wiped and reactivated for each one.

I am looking to create a policy that can be applied to it so that all the default settings I normally apply before passing it to the end users can be applied remotely without user intervention I have managed to get all of them sorted with two exceptions - Hide Filed Messages and Hide Sent Messages. Never needed it before as the user base is small enough and not that volatile so setting each one up manually hasn't been an issue.

I know this can be done on the device itself by the end user but I would rather do it for them.

Can it be done or is this a device only setting?

hdawg
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
device only setting.

DavidAdams
07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
humbug, thanks for that, was what i expected.

Oh well, a wee bit more to add to the idiots guide i am sending them with.

hdawg
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
... I wonder myself where the lines are drawn with IT policy. I honestly think with the level of control available in IT policy that every setting possible would be configurable, but alas not the case.

noname
07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Here's are the top-level listing of device only Policies:-

Device Only Items (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7229/Device-Only_items_204098_11.jsp)

Do not think there's any.