PDA

View Full Version : trackball on tour

stricni
07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
im having some problems with my trackball getting stuck on my new tour. i keep blowing in it to fix the problem but its only temporary. anyone know how to safely remove this ball?

stricni
07-16-2009, 10:32 AM
so i called blackberry and they stated that it was a "software" issue that my ball would not move in a certain direction and that it wuld be 49.99 to troubleshoot!!!!! this is crazy! i nver heard of software making a trackball stop working!

rambo47
07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
You might have to open her up and manually clean it. If blowing on it helps, it sounds like a hardware thing, not software.

StuartV
07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
The Tour is a new model, right? How can it not be covered under warranty??

FantasticPhotos
07-17-2009, 08:43 AM
im having some problems with my trackball getting stuck on my new tour. i keep blowing in it to fix the problem but its only temporary. anyone know how to safely remove this ball?

I heard about this same problem on youtube. This youtuber was giving out his review on the tour and his only complaint was the same one as yours

stevetaz
07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
so i called blackberry and they stated that it was a "software" issue that my ball would not move in a certain direction and that it wuld be 49.99 to troubleshoot!!!!! this is crazy! i nver heard of software making a trackball stop working!

You should be returning to Verizon for a replacement, no? Don't call RIM. If you have to call someone call your carrier. If they decide you need to speak with RIM they will transfer you and there will be no charge.

I would think it is under warranty and trying to fix it yourself could void the warranty.

Isn't it brand new?

usblues1965
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I would definately be going back to the store, or at least on the phone with VZW customer service. You should not have to pay anything at all to fix it, or you should get a new device for no charge. Thing hasn't been out what just over a week now?

stricni
07-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah I replaced it. I called blackberry to see if there was a easy fit and they said it could be a software issue lol! I tryed to explain the ball wasn't moving but they didn't understand I guess. I just went and got another onw from verizon. I love this phone. I'm using it rite now!